Locate Productions is one of the UK’s leading service production companies, producing stills and moving image content in the UK and abroad. Established in London in 2005, the company works with some of the world’s leading brands, producing campaigns such as This Girl Can, NHS at 70, HSBC Premier and Jaguar XE.
Consisting of a dedicated team of producers, location scouts and managers, Locate Productions are experts in providing a high level, cost-effective production that is aligned to a strong business ethic of high standards, impartiality, sustainability and fairness.
As part of their expansion plans, Locate Productions are looking to recruit a Commercial Director to join their small, dynamic team and help attract new business.
- Working closely with the business owners and Head of Production to develop the company’s short, mid and long-term commercial strategy according to company goals and objectives to drive and accelerate growth. You will be set targets and your performance assessed on the achievement of this growth
- To carry out analysis and help create and deliver detailed business plans on commercial opportunities such as business development and international growth
- Develop strategies to identify and acquire new clients globally and drive new business, specifically targeting creative advertising agencies and commercial brand marketing sectors
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with in-house teams such as International Production, Creative Hub, Production Services and Locations in generating new leads and building on existing contacts
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the company’s commercial activities
- Support the wider company in maintaining the high standards of service across all sectors.
- Demonstrated senior commercial experience working within the creative industries, ideally with a background in ad-agencies or brand marketing
- In-depth understanding and proven track record of developing and executing winning commercial strategies
- Experience of managing a prospect through the whole sales process from lead identification and outreach all the way through to signed contract and onboarding
- Proven success in a comparable targeted role, including an existing network of relevant contacts to be able to hit the ground running.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Commercially-minded, with strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to tasks
- Solution-orientated, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience of international travel, ideally involving trade shows and industry events
- Strong understanding of the media production process both in the UK and globally
- Solid knowledge of marketing trends and strategies along with performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- A desire to be part of a close-knit team within a company that values its staff and adheres to a strong set of beliefs and principles.
- A full-time role, predominately based in the London office but with flexibility over working hours and place of work
- International travel (post-COVID)
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Basic plus performance bonus salary structure
- Potential performance-related equity options
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org titled ‘CD Position’.
Please get this to us as soon as possible as this is a position which is immediately available.
Our communications will be in the strictest confidence; please ensure you outline your availability and expected salary.
Second-round interviews will see candidates pitching a proposal based on a set topic.